Rapper Lil Wayne Really Quitting Music? [See This Tweet]

Forum 7 years ago

Rapper Lil Wayne Really Quitting Music? [See This Tweet]

Fans of Lil Wayne woke up to some possibly disappointing news that he may be hanging up his hat.

The iconic rapper took to Twitter earlier this morning (September 3) to share a personal update that he has been thinking about being done with music. Fans now of course are reacting to this likelihood, with some saying that legends never retire and others wondering what his next move will be.

I AM NOW DEFENSELESS AND mentally DEFEATED & I leave gracefully and thankful I luh my fanz but I'm dun
— Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) September 3, 2016

“I am defenseless and mentally defeated,” Weezy said. “I leave gracefully and thankful I luh my fans but I’m dun.”

The rapper then followed up with another message, related to his retirement announcement.

“Ain’t looking for sympathy, just serenity,” the 33-year-old added.

Lil Wayne has been in the spotlight for his music talents since he was 14 years old and with almost two decades in the game, he may be looking to focus on some of his business endeavors, such as his new skateboarding app, or he may be looking to get his health back up. Either way, fans are curious to hear more from Wayne on the situation, especially considering earlier this summer he announced two new albums were in the works.

This year hasn’t been totally smooth sailing for Wayne, as he suffered multiple seizures, walked out early on a performance and is dealing with the inevitable stress that comes from beefing with someone like Birdman.

Perhaps Weezy taking a break wouldn’t be the worst thing for the rapper right now.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Chris Brown Admits Quavo’s Ex, Saweetie Cheated On Rapper With Him
Forum | 3 days ago

Chris Brown Admits Quavo’s Ex, Saweetie Cheated On Rapper With Him

Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi
Forum | 5 days ago

Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 5 days ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani
Forum | 5 days ago

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani