Ruiz Jr Meets Joshua’s Mother Ahead Of Rematch

Forum 4 years ago

Ruiz Jr Meets Joshua’s Mother Ahead Of Rematch

Spirits were high at the pre-fight gala dinner on Thursday evening and Ruiz was spotted giving his opponent’s mother a friendly handshake.

Ruiz was spotted giving Joshua’s mother a friendly handshake as the pair smiled and exchanged pleasantries after meal at the Al Faisaliah Hotel.

Andy Ruiz Jr may have four world title belts, but he’s still playing the role of humble challenger ahead of his heavyweight rematch with Anthony Joshua.

Speaking ahead of the big fight, Joshua revealed how he plans to approach Ruiz this time around.

“For me, take centre. If I’m six inches in front of Ruiz, all takes for a man to miss a punch is six inches,’

“So sometimes you haven’t even got to be running around the ring.

“I asked him upstairs, I said: “How do I beat you, then?” He says: “Maybe, you should move around a little.

“Boxing is a sweet science of the sport. I’m 6ft 6in, so it would be wrong of me to sit in front of Ruiz and go toe-to-toe hooking.

“I’ve got to box to my attributes which is range and movement. My style is not what a scared boxer would do, I think it’s what a smart fighter would do.” he told reporters.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Davido Spoils His Wife, Chioma, With Wads of Dollar BIlls Ahead of Her Birthday on April 30
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Spoils His Wife, Chioma, With Wads of Dollar BIlls Ahead of Her Birthday on April 30

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says
Forum | 6 days ago

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out
Forum | 6 days ago

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara
Forum | 6 days ago

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara