Wizkid Should Have Won BET’S Best International Act – Black Coffee

Forum 7 years ago

Wizkid Should Have Won BET’S Best International Act – Black Coffee

The 2016 BET Awards which was recently concluded saw South African artiste, Black Coffee, clinching the award for the Best International Act, Africa category.

Black Coffee, who was nominated alongside two other South African talented acts, AKA and Cassper Nyovest, said he wished the award would have gone to Nigerian superstar Wizkid.

In his word:

I would like to see Wizkid take it. He’s worked hard! I really think he deserves it. He’s also done well internationally being featured on Drake’s album and working with Chris Brown.

Speaking further on his dreams and aspirations, Black Coffee said:

One of the things I dreamt about when I was young was to be friends with Michael Jackson. I always wanted to take SA to the world and be known internationally. I had mapped down my dream since the beginning and I’ve been working towards them.

On BET, the multi-award winning DJ and Producer, said being nominated was a beautiful thing as it reminded him of all the hard work he has put in since the beginning of his career. He also praised the award show organizers saying not only do they promote African artists, but they also ensure to work with the entertainers.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’
Forum | 3 days ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’

Best Cockfight Movies and TV Shows
Forum | 4 days ago

Best Cockfight Movies and TV Shows

Activist, Fawaz Alabi, Drowns At Ibeshe Beach In Lagos
Forum | 4 days ago

Activist, Fawaz Alabi, Drowns At Ibeshe Beach In Lagos

Eniola Aluko becomes first black woman to own Italian club
Forum | 5 days ago

Eniola Aluko becomes first black woman to own Italian club