Woman Gives Birth To 13-Pound Baby In A Natural Birth Process (Photos)

Forum 7 years ago

Woman Gives Birth To 13-Pound Baby In A Natural Birth Process (Photos)

A woman in Melbourne, Australia, is getting worldwide attention for giving birth to a 13-pound baby boy in a natural birth, without an epidural.

Natashia Corrigan welcomed Brian Jr. on Jan. 24 and posted photos of her baby boy on Facebook.

In the shared post, “It’s hard to get our minds around such a whirlwind of a day, I never dreamed we’d get so much love for our BIG baby boy and family.”

Australian Woman Gives Birth to 13-pound Baby in a Natural Birth Process (Photos)Corrigan, who also has two daughters, told Australian TV network 7 News that she always wanted a chubby baby to join her family.

“I dreamed of a little fat baby,” Corrigan told the network. “I’ve always wanted a little fat baby and I’ve got a big one!”

According to 7 News, Natashia was told her baby would be heavier than the average newborn before she went into labor.

Australian Woman Gives Birth to 13-pound Baby in a Natural Birth Process (Photos)Corrigan stated that she couldn’t believe she gave birth to a 13-pound, 4-ounce baby.

“I think I was in a bit of shock because the birth was natural and I only had gas so I was still in a bit of shock just from that,” Corrigan said.

The newborn is double the size of an average baby in Australia, according to 7 News.

Australian Woman Gives Birth to 13-pound Baby in a Natural Birth Process (Photos)Corrigan’s newborn doesn’t break the Guinness World Record for the heaviest baby that was born.

Ohio woman Giantess Anna Bates gave birth to a 22-pound baby in 1879, but he died 11 hours later.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director
Forum | 11 hours ago

At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director

Drama As Woman Seizes Debtor’s Generator After Bumping Into Her At A Burial
Forum | 20 hours ago

Drama As Woman Seizes Debtor’s Generator After Bumping Into Her At A Burial

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello
Forum | 22 hours ago

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job
Forum | 2 days ago

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job