Woman who was born deaf now complains her husband eats too NOISILY after surgery

Forum 7 years ago

Woman who was born deaf now complains her husband eats too NOISILY after surgery

Mother-of-three Louise Windsor was born deaf and has spent the last four decades in virtual silence.

Now, after surgery to install cochlear implants - small devices that are fitted beneath the skin that provide a sense of hearing to a person who is deaf - she is able to hold conversations again.

The 41-year-old, from Bristol, is overjoyed at being able to hear birds and music for the first time - but admits she gets irritated by other things.

She has even started complaining that her husband Mark, 41, has the TV on too high a volume and
chews his food too loudly.

A touching video captured the moment Mrs Windsor's cochlear implants were turned on.

A doctor asks 'Can you hear your own voice' and she replies 'yes', appearing calm.
'Does my voice sound any different?,' her husband Mark asks.
She pauses for a moment, then turns her head away from the camera, overwhelmed with emotion.
As she bursts into tears, a doctor hands her a tissue and she wipes tears from her eyes.
‘I can hear now,’ she says ‘I can pick up on things.’

Cochlear implants cannot restore normal hearing but they can give a deaf person a good representation of sounds, helping them understand speech.

Mrs Windsor, a dinner lady, said:
'I can hear birds outside, I can hear an aeroplane and even my dishwasher.
'It’s emotional hearing my husband’s voice. It has changed my life.
'At first it was hard and took a while to get used to people talking but now I can hear most things.
'I've always lip read so I still do that naturally.'
Her husband says while he is thrilled his wife can hear, he is already being told he eats too noisily - and has the TV up too loud.
'If you're eating a packet of crisps it does her head in,' he said.
Now we find she is the one telling us to keep it down - when I have Coronation Street on she'll turn the volume down.'
Mr Windsor said it was a special moment when they left hospital and she could hear for the first time.
'We were sat outside having coffee and she could hear birds in the trees and a car 200 yards away.

'Everyone - friends and family - are all so pleased for her.'

DailyMailUK

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage
Forum | 2 hours ago

Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra
Forum | 2 hours ago

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 8 hours ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May

Woman Tattoos Boyfriend’s Name On Her Forehead
Forum | 8 hours ago

Woman Tattoos Boyfriend’s Name On Her Forehead